The Preparation Phase
- May 2018, Senegal, meeting with local partners and artists, mapping the places for first Lab and workshop with the local dancers.
- May 2018 – Pilot Lab with all artists, mentors, local producers, partners and producer. 10 days: gathering, brainstorming, small try out with locals.
- November 2018, Cameroon, meeting with local partners and artists and workshop with the local dancers.
- February 2019, Burkina Faso, meeting with local partners and artists and workshop with the local dancers.
The First Phase: Education & Workshops
- Duration: September 2019 – May 2020
- The 1st phase is carried out in 4 Labs, each of them 12 days, together 48 days.
- Each Lab includes:
- Training given by the project mentors for the core team of local technicians (15 technicians from Africa), and additional local technicians in sound, light, video, technical production, production.
- Workshops given by the project artists (18 artists from Africa, Europe and Middle East (Palestine) for the local artists and special target groups:
- Creative designers: Set designer, costume designer
- Dance: hip-hop, freestyle, contemporary dance
- Performing practice
- Film and photography
- Locations of Labs:
- Senegal, May 2019, pilot project and May 2019 Lab 3
- Cameron, November 2019, Lab 1
- Burkina Faso, February 2020, Lab2
- The number of local participants in all 4 Labs:
- Technical training: 80
- Art workshops: 160
- Special target groups: 80
- Local producers: 4
- Special project: Artists for kids; Janin, Palestine, October 2019
The Second Phase: Residency, Creation & Touring
+ Creating small creative jobs as the base for new jobs
- Duration: September 2020 – September 2021
- Residencies: Italy, Croatia, Spain, France
- Touring: depend on the production but in all involving countries in the projects.
- Special project: Artist for the kids, Grahamstown, June 2020